Used as course material in top universities like Stanford and Cambridge.
Sold in over 85 countries and translated into more than 5 languages.
Want to get started on data science?
Our promise: no math added.
This book has been written in layman’s terms as a gentle introduction to data science and its algorithms. Each algorithm has its own dedicated chapter that explains how it works, and shows an example of a real-world application. To help you grasp key concepts, we stick to intuitive explanations, as well as lots of visuals, all of which are colorblind-friendly.
Popular concepts covered include:
- A/B Testing
- Anomaly Detection
- Association Rules
- Decision Trees and Random Forests
- Regression Analysis
- Social Network Analysis
- Neural Networks
- Intuitive explanations and visuals
- Real-world applications to illustrate each algorithm
- Point summaries at the end of each chapter
- Reference sheets comparing the pros and cons of algorithms
- Glossary list of commonly-used terms
With this book, we hope to give you a practical understanding of data science, so that you, too, can leverage its strengths in making better decisions.